Find Useful Carpet and Rug Cleaning Tips
As a trusted carpet cleaner in Campbell River and The Comox Valley for 30 years, Advantage Carpet & Upholstery Care believes in assisting and educating customers whenever possible. We hope you find the following tips useful and look forward to seeing you at your next appointment. Call today to schedule your cleaning!
- When using a cleaning product of any kind, the rule is “a little is good, and a lot is not.” Most spot cleaners are of an alkaline base and if not removed by rinsing or naturalizing with an acid based agent, the spot can come back larger and faster.
- When spot removing, it is always best to blot a spot and never rub or scrub the spot.
- White wine poured on red wine after a spill is a waste of wine. Instead, try this: Blot with a clean dry towel. Blot again with a clean damp towel. Spray on a vinegar solution (1/3 vinegar and 2/3 water). Remember rule No. 1 is to blot with a clean damp towel. If the spot is still present the next day, call us to give it more attention!
- A small amount of bleach in water is still bleach and should never be used on carpet and upholstery. Using bleach will remove the colour from the fibre and not the stain.
- Contrary to popular belief, the carpets in your home, when properly maintained, are vital to keeping your indoor environment clean and healthy.